Work at Goldman Sachs & Co.? Submit a Review

Great responsabilities

January 2016 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

GS is an outstanding place to work at, since you have lots of responsabilities at the very first day at work

Sometimes the pressure is high, but nothing that a investment banker is not prepared to

Comments

Study a lot, specially about the sector you are applying. GS tend to be very rigorous on tecnical skills.

High quality firm, be ready to work hard (GS PWM)

January 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Work with extremely smart and interesting people. People are also ethical, clients truly do come first and are well served.

It is a very competitive culture. You are literally stack ranked against your peers by how many clients and assets you bring in and rewarded as such. No matter how hard you work, some luck also needs to be on your side. It is an up and out culture. If you make it, the sky is the limit. If you need a little extra time or help, then you will probably be on the out track.

Comments

Goldman Sachs is an extremely high quality firm. The people that work there and the clients they serve are top notch. The resources and brain power are incredible. I learned so much, and found everyone at the organization to be accessible and extremely friendly and willing to help me serve my clients.

The downer was, as a woman with a working spouse and two children, I just could not compete in a firm culture that pits you against your colleagues and evaluates you solely based on hours worked and assets brought in the door. The environment was competitive, not collaborative, and ultimately I chose to seek another culture in order to keep growing my career.

That said, I learned a lot during my time at Goldman Sachs and would never tell someone it is a waste of time to work here. Whether you work here for two years or twenty, I think it will be a valuable experience.

Goldman Sachs & Co.

December 2015 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Great firm filled with brilliant people. Great opportunity to work with best of the best.

Hours are long and development/advancement processes are not transparent.

Comments

Can be rewarding but Must be driven and willing to have no real work life balance.

Great experience

November 2015 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Positive work environment that was really great. I loved working there.

The hours can be really long but the benefits outweigh.

Comments

Not much else to say about the company because I have not much else to say.

Good firm but stressful

November 2015 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Working with smart hardworking people, quick turnaround of projects.
Few levels of hierarchy

Long hour, especially if you are based in Asia (multiple late night calls per week)
Underpaid, compensation can be stagnant.
Tough competition at work, stressful working enrichment

Comments

It's ultimately an American firm. The typical characteristics of successful people in he firm are those who are ambitious, aggressive and good at self-promotion.

amazing professional experience

Experienced in Operations (i.e. HR, Internal Accounting, Marketing, etc.) | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture, reputations, benefits, flexibilty, compensation

Experienced in Private Wealth Management/Private Banking

Seattle, WA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Goldman Sachs has approached the world in a way that is very particular and inspiring. Every single day I hear something new, smart and innovative from a colleague and that is deeply satisfying.

Goldman Sachs does not tolerate "average" effort. The expectation here is for a committed, focused and perpetual mindset of daily improvement from a already tough-to-achieve starting point.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

work life flexibility

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people, great pay

Lots of stress and politics

Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, Access, and commitment to excellence

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.