Gleacher & Company, Inc.

4.2 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 23 Employee Reviews)

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Responsibility and room to grow

Don't always win the best deals

Comments

Despite the negative press, things are going great within the firm, lots of deals in the pipeline

2013 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

other assistants leave me out

Comments

great people great company

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture of openness and level of responsibility given to junior bankers

Switching gears constantly between different deals

Comments

If you are the type of person who can self-motivate, who can handle great deals of responsibility, Gleacher is the right place for you. If you perform well at Gleacher, you will be rewarded with top of the street compensation, interesting deal work across several different industries, unbelievably strong buyside placement for PE and hedge fund. Senior leadership is deeply committed to growing the group and it has shown.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

great experience

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, flat management style, ability to be part of a great growth story

Small firms have less "over the transom" business. We have no ability to lend money.

Comments

Gleacher has a very strong talent pool, and people that work here are generally very nimble. They want to be successful and help grow the firm, and so they're happy to work across different products and divisions to come up with client solutions. That's how we differentiate ourselves... better ideas.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, exposure to details, responsibility given to analysts.

Sometimes can be hard work given the amount that is asked of junior-level individuals.

Comments

The size and structure of the firm make it so that junior resources are extremely important which makes your work meaningful and necessary. If you are sufficiently capable and entrepreneurial, the sky is the limit in terms of the responsibility you will have as a member of the deal team. At times, it will be hard work, but the reward in buy-side placement, promotion, and compensation is worth the time.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Gleacher is a fast paced, efficient machine. The work is challenging and provides incredible exposure to senior management both in and outside of the firm.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Gleacher provides a unique analyst / junior professional experience in so far as the lean deal teams and require that junior staff work directly with MDs and have real client interaction at an early stage of their careers. There is not a big hierarchy with bankers at every level between junior and senior bankers.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Exposure to senior bankers and clients

Uneven distribution of work across analysts

Comments

You will learn the financial and valuation skill set at any investment bank on Wall Street, but it is the intangibles that one should consider in deciding where to work. At Gleacher, the relationships analysts create with our senior bankers and clients are unmatched across Wall Street.

2012 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Great opportunity for someone who is willing to take a risk but learn at an aggressive pace.