Work at FBR & Co.? Submit a Review

Arlington, VA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Camaraderie, morale, entrepreneurial spirit. Abiliy to make NY compensation in Washington, DC.

Midlevel in Equity Research

Arlington, VA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Location, Interaction with senior management, ability to grow and get exposure quickly.

Transparency from management which is getting better, Compensation structure (feels like research gets the short end of the stick).

Comments

FBR is a great place to work. Wall Street experience with the standard of living of Northern Virginia. FBR is a great place to cut your teeth in equity analysis and gives associates many opportunities to excel.

Arlington, VA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Co-workers are excellent partners. Research quality is top notch. Banking pipeline is strong and have a unique skill set in private placements. Resources available to us and clients are better than larger bulge brackets and more insightful. Deal/primary is still paid out in monthly commissions.

Prefer commission to salary/bonus structure but still beats incentive packages at most firms.

Comments

Very satisfied with mgmt, resources, and commitment for all to do well.

Midlevel in Research

1) Multi-cultural environment

2) Independence on work assignments

3) Excellent relationship between juniors and managers

4) Exposure to outside world (through industry conferences, company meetings and travel opportunities)

1) Volatility in financial performance of the firm (which is now improving)

Executive in Sales & Trading

Washington, DC | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The opportunity to work on Wall Street, off Wall Street. The opportunity to grow, contribute directly to the success of the company's performance, and the even playing field creating best opportunities for those that deliver.

lack of training at different levels of one's career progression

Comments

Couldn't be prouder of the firm and never looked back at the decision once since joining.

Experienced in Equity Research

Arlington, VA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Ability to execute your business plan. Excellent sales and support platforms.

None

Comments

FBR Capital Markets is a solid platform that has all the tools necessary to create a successful franchise

Midlevel in Sales & Trading

Arlington, VA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

You eat what you kill. Very entrepreneurial and motivates you to strive for more.

small...not as much resources

Comments

I am very satisfied with the work that I do. It's as if we're running our own business within the larger business. Speaks to the entrepreneurial environment here at FBR.

Boston, MA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

horizontal management structure allows healthy cross-communication and the opportunity for employees to rise the ranks quickly

its a volatile business that is dependant on the broader health of the capital marketes industry. This forecasting to a tee the earnings and revenues a challenge...

Comments

Feel this is the best place to work - know the competitve landscape well and know FBR is the spot. A true meritocracy

Midlevel in Equity Research

Arlington, VA | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

Satisfied with responsibilities

Entry-level in Real Estate Finance

Washington, DC | 2011 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Living in DC. My hours are terrific. Junior guys get a ton of exposure as merited. Pay is good in terms of hours worked.

Difficult competing against firms who have the ability to lend to clients with their balance sheets. FBR is profitable enough to pay high levels of compensation right now.

Comments

My hours are below average for the Street. Junior guys at FBR are given the chance to make more of an impact and interact with senior clients which contributes positively towards my satisfaction. However, we have to work harder to get on deals and we get paid less than Street.