Overall Interview Rating

Work at Credit Suisse? Submit a Review

Mid-level in Operations (i.e. HR, Internal Accounting, Marketing, etc.) | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

what do you like to do for fun?

Entry-level | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

culture fit, quantitiative skills, multi-task, confident, eager.

strengths/weaknesses. walk through resume.

Entry-level in Operations (i.e. HR, Internal Accounting, Marketing, etc.) | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

First round interviews on campus, then final round at the office. Ideal candidate is engaging, a leader, professional

Entry-level in Mergers & Acquisitions | San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

Very thorough. We are seeking the most impressive individuals and most importantly the people that we think we will get along with. CS culture is easygoing (depending on groups, I guess, but so far so good), and when hiring, the focus is twofold: can they do the job (which we feel almost every, if not all candidates, that get to interview day can do), and can spend a lot of time sitting by their side / get along.

Why do you want to do investment banking (key question)

Midlevel in Sales & Trading | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

Speaking as someone who is actively involved in the CS recruitment and hiring process I think we are really looking for the whole package - individuals who are bright, energetic, and technically savvy. That said, those individuals also need to be grounded and have the ability to work in teams. The firm has a very collaborative culture and we are conscious of bringing in people who are not only going to be good at their role but who will contribute to the success of their colleagues and help drive our business forward.

Executive in Corporate Finance | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

Highly structured and organized process for undergrads, with well-established criteria and clear selection guidelines. Ideal candidate is bright, dedicated, creative, honest, with strong math skillset.

Why would you like to join Investment Banking? Where do you see yourself in the long-term?

Entry-level in Equity Research | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

The ideal candidate is definitely a passionate person who's able to talk at length about a particular subject (i.e. the sector he or she covers). Someone who also loves to read and write; this job isn't just for someone who's a math wiz or good with excel. You absolutely need those qualitative skills.

What experience do you have in equity research? Do you follow the markets? If so, what are some stocks/indexes you are interested in? Do you enjoy writing?

Midlevel in Corporate Finance | Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

Analyst and Associate candidates should be intelligent, self-reliant and have a really high motor for getting work done.

Experienced in Leveraged Finance | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

Substantial time and resources are spent actively recrutiing potential employees

Standard IB style questions

Entry-level in Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Process

I joined the firm through a very structured on campus recruiting process at my undergraduate college. I think the firm for my position was looking for a top student interested in finance and business.

Standard financial technical questions plus a consulting style case study