Overall Salary Rating

Work at Cowen, Inc.? Submit a Review

Entry-level in Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

Bonuses are not paid until June so I don't have a basis to comment on that. Salary is standard. Meals and transportation is paid for on weekends or long nights, which is very helpful. Fridays are more causal around the office, which is nice as well.

Executive in Equity Research | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

Cowen's rep is a little light on money, but that's not accurate for myself and few others I speak with here. If some employees do feel that way, they would probably also agree there's more smoothing and an avoidance of hiring and firing sprees. Especially on Wall Street, that steadiness has real value and I think makes Cowen stand out.

Executive in Sales & Trading | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I believe it is fair

Executive in Operations (i.e. HR, Internal Accounting, Marketing, etc.) | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

Hard work is rewarded, the firm has a great culture and employs smart, nice people. There are very little politics, people work together to get things done. The new benefits program is super easy to navigate.

Entry-level in Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Best - It's more than I ever expected to make two years out of college
Worst - There are minimal perks besides compensation level.

Experienced in Equity Research | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

Fair numbers relative to peers across the Street I've spoken with but a lot of deffered compensation that mgmt ultimately realized was a mistake

Executive in Equity Research | San Francisco, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

Compensation package is competitive but pretty standard.

Entry-level | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

Cowen's monetary comp and benefits are competitive. The firm's food and transportation reimbursement programs are generous and easy to use.

Cowen offers gym reimbursements, but an on-site gym would be very nice. Cowen's 401(k) matching policy isn't great.

Entry-level in Equity Capital Markets | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Salary & Benefits Review

There is very little transparency or communication from HR or senior members of our team on things that effect our lives in a particularly acute way. Seems clear there is little interest in junior employees satisfaction.

Executive in Equity Research | Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE