Work at Centerview Partners? Submit a Review

Centerview: a special island in a sea of sameness

Experienced in Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

No jerks allowed

Comments

I moved here from another bank, which I am very happy about -- my prior experience was strong, but for sure I would have enjoyed myself more if I had been at Centerview all along.

Fantastic firm with the highest caliber bankers, continues to be on an amazing growth trajectory

Partner/Principal in Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Generalist model, learn about deals but also business broadly

Pulled in a lot of directions

Simply no better place to work in terms of quality of people, prestige, compensation and transaction experience.

Meritocracy, clients appreciate our efforts, compensation, quality of people

Comments

Independent firms - especially the higher caliber ones like Centerview - are the best examples of what make careers on Wall Street great. There is a true sense of camaraderie and partnership and the apprenticeship culture is live and well. Since their is such strong investment in the team, the quality of the work is that much stronger since the team is happier and invigorated. Additionally, bankers can be well compensated for their efforts as there are no artificial constraints or in-fighting as you see at the big banks (even the best ones). For those people who want lots of responsibility, their opinions to matter, work on important transactions with great people and to be well compensated, there is no better place than Centerview.

Top Advisory Firm: Centerview Partners

Entry-level in Mergers & Acquisitions | Palo Alto, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

1) Partners and their involvement in projects 2) Interesting Work 3) Lifestyle

1) Having to build out the brand in certain regions

Comments

I've worked at JPM before and I truly believe Centerview Partners is heads and shoulders above JPM. The experience, the work and the type of people here make a difference.

Mid-level in Corporate Finance

Compensation

Best boutique investment bank on Wall Street. Unmatched culture, exposure, deal flow, compensation and overall experience.

Mid-level in Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Challenging work, exposure to senior staff, opportunity to interact with senior clients, high profile deals, unmatched compensation

Hours, formal training could be better

Great opportunity to learn and build a career

Great deals and senior attention

Challenging

Outstanding!

Culture, firm leadership, deal flow, compensation

Mid-level in Mergers & Acquisitions

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Responsibility, exposure, career development, compensation

Long hours, can be intense given high level of responsibility

Partner/Principal in Mergers & Acquisitions