Work at Bank of America Corp.? Submit a Review

Great place which steadily declined

April 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Lots of different job opportunities, many knowledgeable co workers, ability to learn across teams if interested,

No job security, took away pension plan, raised prices on health insurance, took away many offices and changed to "open floor plan" (aka low wall cubicles) to save on rent/etc. Very sad- used to be a great company.

Comments

It is a great place for a job- if you find a job that is a good fit, I would go for it. Not sure about advancement up within different departments. This may be an issue.

BAC

September 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

scale
franchise
brand
breadth of products and services
retail base could be expanded

weak leadership at the top, from CEO to board
dominance of the H R Dept, effectively a loyalty enforcer for the most political business heads

Comments

the staff functions have great power, avoid those conflicts
be aware of Merrill vs old BAC turf wars

Cohesive Culture

September 2015 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

The bank listens to its employees, senior leadership is extremely engaged and pays very close attention to employee satisfaction and is held accountable to improvements. The bank's approach to customers is extremely collaborative and does everything it can to break down silo's so we can integrate with all areas of the bank. The culture is unlike anything I have ever experienced. All colleagues pitch in to help their peers and junior associates.

Benefits for healthcare I believe are lagging competitors. Expensive and lack of choices for plans although more choices are coming in 2016.

Comments

Team work is a buzz word that every bank uses when they are trying to bring on new associates as an important attribute. Bank of America personifies teamwork and collaboration and you cannot be successful here if you can't embrace that culture.

For someone coming from a non-finance, engineering background, I was given all the tools to succeed and go above and beyond

Entry-level in Corporate Finance | Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Large international firm, great mentorship, amazing exit opportunities, competitive pay

Comments

People were the most important aspect of the place I chose to work, and it was the ultimate factor in my decision to join Bank of America. The people are very humble and willing to invest in the development of others.

Entry-level in Leveraged Finance

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture

They care! Tons of opportunity for talented people. Focused on retaining talent

Other in Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, opportunity

Comments

CRO role. Opportunity, development and culture

Significant responsibility at an early point in my career in a culture that promotes success

Experienced in Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm culture

Comments

We have a very outgoing culture who really enjoys the work we do. The quality of life is comparable (if not better) to other large investment banks. We have a strong outlook and a clear path to a successful future.

Pretty great gig for Investment Banking

Midlevel in Mergers & Acquisitions | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture and team

N/A

Comments

Understand the culture of the bank and the culture of the group. They can be very different.

Good humble people who work hard

Midlevel in Corporate Finance | Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Scale - ability to touch a lot of different transactions

Scale - too big to become an alite IB firm

Comments

Global brand and experience

Experienced in Operations (i.e. HR, Internal Accounting, Marketing, etc.)

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

It's a growing firm with plenty of growth opportunity.

Technology is horrible. For a large firm one would think we would have a better handle on technology - to make our work lives easier. The technology we oprated is dated and at times difficult to manuver.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.