About BROOKS TROPICALS HOLDING, INC.
Brooks Tropicals offers exotic tastes with every bite. The company
is a producer, importer, and supplier of tropical fruits and
vegetables. Brooks product line consists of about
25 fruits and vegetables -- some familiar, some
virtually unknown to American palates. They include avocados,
boniato, calabaza, chayote, coconut, ginger, key lime, kumquat,
lime, malanga, mamey sapote, mango, papaya, Scotch bonnet pepper,
star fruit, sugar cane, and yuca. Brooks' produce is grown on its
more than 6,000 acres located in Florida, as well as growing
operations in Belize. The company was founded in 1928 by J.R.
Brooks and is still owned and managed by his son and company
president, Neal (Pal) Brooks.
Company News and Press Releases
- Show Less
+ Show More News and Press Releases
- South Florida area under Oriental fruit fly quarantine The Packer (Wed, Sep 9)
- Tighter supplies predicted for late Florida avocado season The Packer (Fri, Sep 4)
- Florida avocados seeing sales, consumption gains The Packer (Fri, Sep 4)
- Tropicals sales veteran Bill Schaefer retires The Packer (Tue, May 26)
- SEPC’s STEP-UPP class visits southern Florida The Produce News (Fri, Apr 17)
- Colombian avocados want a spot in U.S FreshPlaza (Tue, Feb 24)
- Colombian avocados want a spot in U.S. guacamole bowls McClatchy Washington Bureau (Sun, Feb 22)
- Brooks Tropicals' Marketing Director Mary Ostlund Discusses Papayas, Starfruit, and Chinese New Year And Now U Know (Wed, Feb 4)