Work at RSM US LLP? Submit a Review

Business Development

February 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

They give you plenty of flexibility to be an entrepreneur and try what you think works best. The people are very high integrity individuals. I have learned if you don't like someone, do your job and they will not last very long.

It took a while to my pay to catch up with what I felt I was worth, but once it did, they have been very fair.

Comments

This is not an easy job. You need to be a prolific networker and be able to solve general business issues to get the chance to sell your accounting solutions. I have worked and waited up to 5 years for some sales. of course the longer you do this job the easier it gets.

Partner/Principal

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexibilty and a truely caring culture

there are none - I really like my role and RSM. It is a great firm to work for.

Best Accounting Firm in Boston!

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people. I love everyone I work with and enjoy coming to work everyday.

None!

Comments

We are a very strong firm that has established ourselves in the market place to be the best option for clients seeking an auditor.

Mid-level in Tax

McLean, VA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People

Deadlines

RSM is a national firm that offers work life balance, chalenging work experiences, and excellent compensation.

Executive in Tax | Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Good compensation, good co-workers.

Comments

Great place to work.

Firm provides a great work environment and empowers employees to strive for greatness!

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | Las Vegas, NV | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Work/Life Balance

Disorganized clients

Incredible Career Development Opportunities at RSM

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | Orlando, FL | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people, challenging work, ability to advance and develop higher level skills faster than at a Big 4 firm

Some clients' accounting teams are less sophisticated, causing a lot of back and forth and more leg work put on the audit team.

Comments

At the core, all public accounting firms do the same job. They may have their own methodologies, but they are all centered around auditing and accounting principles. That being considered, the details of the job is very similar amongst comparable firms. The most important thing is that you get along with the people and see the opportunity to stand out amongst your peers.

Experienced in Tax

2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Diversity and work life balance

Experienced in Tax

Des Moines, IA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture

RSM is more than a workplace - somewhere to develop quality expertise, business skills, and meaningful relationships

Experienced in Tax | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, culture, flexibility

lack of enough staff for some jobs; name recognition with clients (as opposed to big 4)

Comments

A great benefit of working at RSM is the ability to see a broad variety of work/clients/specialty areas in the first few years before selecting an area of focus. The firm is large enough to have the international infrastructure and perks of a global firm, but small enough that it feels more personalized than the larger firms. Name recognition is only improving and much thought has been given in recent years to the firm's strategy and how it can carry it out successfully. Employees are given lots of training and individual tools to help them advance.