Rothstein Kass

4.2 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 163 Employee Reviews)

Submit a Company Review

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance
Roseland, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I get to learn something new everyday

none

Roseland, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

You do not feel like a number you actually feel like you are part of a family working at RK.

There is no way to take public transportation from Staten Island to the Roseland office

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance
Roseland, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The perks that come with the compensation packages, having summer Fridays between the months of May-December and the people/culture because everyone is very friendly, understanding and helpful.

Work-life balance, Vacation Time, paid overtime

I have an hour commute, but not their fault. Because of the layoff and turnover this past year we will be extremely busy this season.l

Comments

This is a great company to work for. Quality of life is better than anywhere else you could look and we could potentially have 9 weeks of vacation time in a given year. The work is the same as any other accounting firm, except after mid-May you will only be working 37.5 hours until next season.

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people are outstanding. The bosses are very accessible and very interactive with employees. Definitely the best I have ever seen.

None noted at this point. Nothing is perfect but at the same time, nothing stand out to me that is just a deal breaker. It is an outstanding place to learn and grow.

Comments

Knowing what I know now, If I had to make the decision to work here all over again, I wil still work here. Period.

2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I love the culture and the people that I work with.

There are no incentives to be a top performer and there is a disconnect between upper management and the lower levels.

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Compensation, rapid growth, leaders you can look up to, independence

Hours bog down the office in and out of season--causes a lot of good people to leave or consider leaving, which affects my performance.

Comments

Work hard, play hard type of firm.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm with a great culture and driven to succeed

Training opportunities

Comments

Workload and hours during season are on average around 65 hours. Compensation is fair and often above market.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance
Beverly Hills, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, office level leadership, freedom to do things in new and different ways, industry (alternative investments), time off

Red tape, especially at the headquarters level, pressure to perform with no potential bonus, profit sharing, etc. to show for it

Comments

Overall, this is my 6th year with the firm, which means that I have things that frustrate me, but only because I love working here. I hope and believe that anything that I listed as things that I would like to see improved can and will be improved over the next 5-10 years. Because our firm is so great at so many things, we (the employees) hold leadership to ridiculously high standards. We have competitive compensation, including overtime for staff and seniors, insane amounts of paid time off, flexible schedules, great office level leaders who spend actual time with the lowest levels developing, training, and mentoring, firm events that people seriously look forward to every year, a great philanthropy program, a respected reputation in the industry, and partners and managers who understand, even during the busiest time of the year, that your job is not the most important thing in your life. As our managing partner says "your tombstone will not read 'He/She was a really great accountant.'" In summary, I would NEVER leave this firm to go to a different public accounting firm. I would only leave if I no longer wanted to stay in this industry.

Experienced in Tax