Rothstein Kass

4.2 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 163 Employee Reviews)

Work at Rothstein Kass? Log in to Submit a Review

Roseland, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I get to learn something new everyday

none

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Work/life balance and career development

Average compensation

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm with a great culture and driven to succeed

Training opportunities

Comments

Workload and hours during season are on average around 65 hours. Compensation is fair and often above market.

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Compensation, rapid growth, leaders you can look up to, independence

Hours bog down the office in and out of season--causes a lot of good people to leave or consider leaving, which affects my performance.

Comments

Work hard, play hard type of firm.

Roseland, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The perks that come with the compensation packages, having summer Fridays between the months of May-December and the people/culture because everyone is very friendly, understanding and helpful.

Beverly Hills, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, office level leadership, freedom to do things in new and different ways, industry (alternative investments), time off

Red tape, especially at the headquarters level, pressure to perform with no potential bonus, profit sharing, etc. to show for it

Comments

Overall, this is my 6th year with the firm, which means that I have things that frustrate me, but only because I love working here. I hope and believe that anything that I listed as things that I would like to see improved can and will be improved over the next 5-10 years. Because our firm is so great at so many things, we (the employees) hold leadership to ridiculously high standards. We have competitive compensation, including overtime for staff and seniors, insane amounts of paid time off, flexible schedules, great office level leaders who spend actual time with the lowest levels developing, training, and mentoring, firm events that people seriously look forward to every year, a great philanthropy program, a respected reputation in the industry, and partners and managers who understand, even during the busiest time of the year, that your job is not the most important thing in your life. As our managing partner says "your tombstone will not read 'He/She was a really great accountant.'" In summary, I would NEVER leave this firm to go to a different public accounting firm. I would only leave if I no longer wanted to stay in this industry.

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the people

keeping up with the growth

2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I love the culture and the people that I work with.

There are no incentives to be a top performer and there is a disconnect between upper management and the lower levels.

Work-life balance, Vacation Time, paid overtime

I have an hour commute, but not their fault. Because of the layoff and turnover this past year we will be extremely busy this season.l

Comments

This is a great company to work for. Quality of life is better than anywhere else you could look and we could potentially have 9 weeks of vacation time in a given year. The work is the same as any other accounting firm, except after mid-May you will only be working 37.5 hours until next season.

Experienced in Tax