Rehmann

3.7 of 5 stars Average Employee Rating (of 112 Employee Reviews)

Submit a Company Review

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance
Troy, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The mentorship, quality of life, and worklife balance.

None.

Comments

We are an industry leader in worklife balance. We offer a wide variety of services more so than most cpa firms. We have a rotational program so new hires can decide what career path best fits there career goals. The mentorship of our firm is top notch and as a first year person you will work directly with upper management and even partners in the firm.

Experienced in Tax
Other | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people!

Comments

Great opportunities, diverse client base, work life is a priority, firm is growing, people!

Executive

put people first

Mid-level in Tax
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I really enjoy the people I work with. It is nice to come to work every day and see people that you like and get along well with, I think that makes a huge difference in a career. I also really like the work/life balance and flexibility. Lastly, I enjoy the work I do and the clients I work with.

The things I dislike the most are the pressure to keep charge hours up, but the expectation to help out with non-charge projects; the fact that there are people at the top looking at a spreadsheet of my hours who have never even met me making decisions about my advancement.

Comments

Rehmann is a great place to work. If you are looking to work as a public accountant, and you appreciate being valued as a person and an employee and are not expected to just be a work horse, Rehmann is the place for you. They don't overload you with work, (but they keep you busy). Compensation could be a little better, but I have received about $20,000 in raises in the last 5 years I have worked here, which I think is pretty good. The firm outlook looks good, turnover is generally pretty low, and overall, I really enjoy working here.

Experienced in Tax
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Flexibility

Inconsistent expectations between leadership on client jobs.

Comments

Our firm provides an excellent training program, they offer flexibility beyond any other firm I've researched/interviewed with, we are fair and respectful to our employees and we recognize the value of a happy employee in ways that other public accounting firms do not.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance
Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture/people are the best aspect, along with the flexibility I have in my schedule.

The worst aspect is the compensation (at least for me personally).

Comments

Workload and quality of life are better than other firms I have worked at. Compensation, however, is well below what I received from firms which required more hours.

Mid-level in Financial Accounts & Reporting
Toledo, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I love my current supervisor and the people I work with. They make coming to work easy. Please note - I began here with another firm that merged with Rehmann so my reasons for accepting a position here are not related to Rehmann necessarily.

Leadership at my home office is not necessarily positive. It doesn't currently affect me in my position necessarily, but I see how it affects others. I would like to see that change and hopefully it will as time goes on.

Comments

My position is rather proprietary and not necessarily pertinent to incoming personnel. I love working here, feel my workload and quality of life are great, my compensation is not bad, and feel confident in the future here.

Entry-level in Tax
Troy, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people. I have had numerous offers from other larger firms to apply for a position or fill a need, but I have never really considered leaving Rehmann for another CPA firm. There are plenty or learning and growth opportunities at Rehmann and there is a very comfortable, team building culture in place.

Comments

Rehmann is constantly growing and expanding, which leads to plenty of growth opportunities within the firm. Rehmann also offers a wide variety of services and areas to specialize in. Many people believe they need to work at a top tier firm to gain experinece in challenging and or difficult areas, but Rehmann has opportunities to work or specialize in a wide variety of areas, such as international, SEC or not for profit. Rehmann also is very flexible with its employees and understands that family time is important. Working parents are given the opportunity to work flexible schedules, whether it be working from home a couple days a week or working less hours than a full time staff (compensation adjusted for amount of hours worked). Rehmann also offers new hires great incentives to pass the CPA exam as early as possible, and also pays for 100% of the Becker study material for new employees to help them pass the exam.

Other in Administrative
Ann Arbor, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the flexibility, the craziness of tax season.

The people, the craziness of tax seasons, the currently difficulty of staffing and a personal work/life balance.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance
Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

My flex schedule

Opportunities for department-wide growth seem limited.