Work at PKF O'Connor Davies? Submit a Review

Great work environment and a good place to learn and grow

Mid-level in Tax | Other | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Compensation, flexibility, teamwork, co-workers

lack of work in off-season

Advice to Candidates

The workload is heavy for about 2 months and the rest of the year is normal (9-5). The firm offers flexibility i.e. work from home, late starts, flexible hours, etc.

Best Firm I've Ever Worked For

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | Westchester, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people, the flexibility and the recognition we receive for a job well done.

Nothing, keep up the good work!

Best Firm I've Ever Worked For

Experienced in Human Resources/Recruiting | Other | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great culture, flexibility, PTO, perks, colleagues.

Advice to Candidates

PKF O'Connor Davies trusts their employees and therefore, as long as employees are getting their work done and they are communicating effectively with their co-workers, boss and clients then they are free to enjoy a flexible schedule that works best for them.

PKFOD has the best culture and work life balance

Executive in Human Resources/Recruiting | Westchester, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture and loyalty

none

Advice to Candidates

The leadership team and their passion to make our Firm the best!

PKFOD - Strong culture, good experiences, good work/life balance.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture, flexibilty in working from home, flexibility in working from different offices.

Benefits, compensation.

Advice to Candidates

The firm has a great culture. Everyone is very friendly and willing to work with you. For the most part, everyone recognizes that you have a life outside of work and people usually respect that. The workload can get overwhelming at times but there is usually always someone there to help you. The quality of life is great but you have to actively fight for it. The workload can take over your work life balance but you have to say 'no' to people sometimes and people will respect that. Superiors leave you to 'fend for yourself' at times but it is only to help you grow, not to throw you into the fire. You can accomplish more at PKFOD then at a big 4 due to this aspect.

Has been a home to me while starting my career in Public Accounting giving me opportunity, life-long friends/mentors and the chance to add value.

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

My colleagues and the diverse work that I receive (never doing the same thing over and over again)

Not getting work timely from clients

Hard work and determination pay off in a family atmosphere with phenomenal coaching and input while growing your knowledge and expertise.

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Upward mobility and active participation in driving the growth of the firm.

Growing pains at times as we have experienced tremendous growth in recent years.

Advice to Candidates

Hard work is rewarded through promotions and compensation. That coupled with the business outlook for the firm provides great opportunities for homegrown stars over the next 5-10 years and beyond.

Greatest Opportunity of All Time

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance | Westchester, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture and people.

Rewarding

Mid-level in Bookkeeping | Other | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

This firm is very family orientated. It feels like home when you are working here.

Working in an office everyone gossips and is worried about what you are doing.

Advice to Candidates

My overall experience at PKF O'Connor Davies has been great. I enjoy working here and everyone is so welcoming. They care about your work life balance and always strive to make their employees happy.

Experienced Audit Senior

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | New York, NY | 2018 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Working with great people.

There is limited growth for people that do not have a CPA.

Advice to Candidates

Based on my experience, this is a great place to work for. The industry provides you with a lot of exposure. The company prepares you well and in a short period of time you gain the knowledge and understanding what the firm values.