Work at McGladrey LLP? Submit a Review

A workforce which is fun to work with at a workplace where you can be who you are and be valued

Partner/Principal | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

awesome people

need to take into account what is important to younger generations, ie cellphone reimbursement is as important as pension plans

Comments

If you like working with America's middle market companies, real people, then you will love McGladrey

Experienced in Tax

Des Moines, IA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Friendly working culture, flexible hours, interesting and challenging work, great benefits

The hours can be long when deadlines approach

Experienced in Audit & Assurance

Wilmington, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Comments

I work a 50% flexible work schedule remotely (from home) because my husband is in the Coast Guard. This has worked out extremely well for me since we move every couple of years and tend to be in very remote locatations (Alaska, Michigan upper peninsula). So, I would say flexibility is certainly available for those that may need it and for that I am extremely grateful.

Best Kept Secret in Public Accounting. McGladrey LLP, New Bern, NC

Mid-level in Tax | Other | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Coworkers and the clients

Long hours during busy season and getting really hungry at night with no vending machine.

Comments

Great place to learn and grow as you develop your public accounting profession. Small towns are not the worse to work in.

Mid-level in Tax

McLean, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people and the client service culture.

There is a lot of work which can be stressful at times.

Executive in Audit & Assurance

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

corporate culture and flexibility

Excellent Opportunity for Career Development and Personal Growth

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | Orlando, FL | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people are great. I look forward to coming to work every day because of the teams I work with.

Work/life balance can be strained at times. This is the case with any professional service firm, and was expected when I began my career with McGladrey. I have no doubt that hours are worse at other large regional and national firms.

Comments

You will succeed if you have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the drive and ability for learning and career growth. McGladrey is a middle market firm, so by nature a staff will work on multiple clients throughout the year, potentially in various industries. The ability to learn and understand the client's business model, interact with the client and audit engagement team, and understand and apply the audit methodology are key factors to success.

Premier middle market firm maintains client centric vision while developing well rounded, community focused employees

Executive in Tax | Charlotte, NC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people at this firm are supportive of each other. Leadership supports the success of each employee.

We often struggle to find talent to ease the work load of our existing team.

Comments

The work/life balance is understood and respected. Working on middle market companies provides you with an opportunity to partner with business as they grow and expand. You become a trusted advisor to these clients and build enduring relationships. The compensation is competitive with any other firm in the market and the growth opportunities are endless.

Great Place, Great People

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | Dubuque, IA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great People

NA

Comments

This is a place to excel in your carreer. Firm leadership is active in each location. Client contact from day 1 will be with elite professionals including CEOs and CFOs.

Great place to work at, work with good people.

Partner/Principal in Finance | Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great comrade rue, we work hard but are not a sweat shop.

None.

Comments

Good work life balance.