WHERE YOU START MATTERS
Looking for an internship, or ready to launch your career?
CHOOSE MARKS PANETH LLP
The experience you’ll gain is unmatched.
Whether you’re a student seeking an internship, or about to graduate and ready to launch a career in accounting, Marks Paneth LLP should top your list. We offer the perfect combination of big and small firm assets that sets us apart.
At Marks Paneth, you won’t be lost in a crowd:
- You’ll get hands-on experience working closely with our senior executives.
- You’ll participate in client engagements.
- You’ll build expertise in a culture that gives you the opportunity to share your ideas and put them into action.
We bring out the best in you.
We work hard and reward entrepreneurial spirits. We believe you bring your whole self to your career. We value diversity. We cultivate a firm-wide commitment to social responsibility. We seek to make a difference in our industry and the communities we serve. You’ll discover that our culture brings out the best in you – both personally and professionally.
Marks Paneth is committed to professional development. This principle of investing in expertise is at the core of how we serve clients and grow our business. Our mentoring, coaching and skill development programs will help you with career goal-setting and professional development plans.
Education and Training
Marks Paneth encourages career development. We offer numerous Continuing Professional Education courses in-house, online, and with outside providers. We also help our professionals with tuition reimbursement for postgraduate studies, and arrange discounts and reimbursement for courses to help you prepare for the CPA exam. Additionally, you will receive a salary increase when you obtain your license.
While every firm claims to promote work/life balance, Marks Paneth truly believes a healthy balance is good for our people, our clients, and our business. You’ll find that we encourage our people to make use of flexible scheduling, including compressed work weeks, reduced work days, seasonal arrangements and telecommuting. The firm also offers early closes during the summer and before holidays.
Benefits and Rewards
Marks Paneth offers an array of benefits and rewards, including:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Compensation for Additional Hours Worked
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- And more…
OPPORTUNITIES FOR INTERNS AND RECENT GRADS
“I started my internship at Mark Paneth and never looked back. I have grown with the company and enjoyed every moment. On January 1, 2015, I became a partner.” -- RYSZARD JANIA CPA, Partner, Commercial Business Group (Brooklyn College)
Hundreds of top-notch professionals have started and grown exceptional careers at Marks Paneth. The door is open: We have opportunities for candidates at all levels.
Jump-start your career with an internship at Marks Paneth.
An internship is the first rung on the career ladder. It gives you a head start wherever you land after graduation, and many of our interns transition to full-time employment with the firm. Our ideal intern candidate is pursuing a Bachelors or a Masters degree in accounting, or a related field. Our internships require a minimum time commitment of 15-20 hours per week. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying and communicating accounting matters to senior accountants.
- Applying knowledge of business functions, strategies and processes to client accounts.
- Applying knowledge and of professional standards and governing principals to our clients' businesses.
- Assisting with clerical functions, as needed.
To apply, download and complete an application on our website. Email your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate whether you are applying for a fall or spring internship in the subject line of the email. You can also apply through your school’s e-recruiting website.
Launch your accounting career at Marks Paneth.
We’re on the lookout for outstanding soon-to-be and recent grads, and we actively recruit entry-level people to join the firm. We require a Bachelors degree in accounting, with 150 credit hours and/or a Masters degree. A prior CPA firm internship is preferred, but not required. Candidates should be prepared to meet challenging client requirements. Day-to-day tasks include but are not limited to:
- Planning and executing activities of audit/tax engagements for clients.
- Identifying and communicating accounting, auditing and tax matters to managers and partners.
- Building relationships with clients and staff.
- Applying knowledge of business functions, strategies and processes to provide services, solutions, advice and improvement to clients.
- Applying knowledge and comprehension of professional standards and governing principles to client business.
ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL AT MARKS PANETH
If you’re a self-starter interested in becoming part of a leading accounting and advisory services firm where you can truly achieve your potential, we’d like to get to know you. Contact us at markspaneth.com/our-firm-life or via email at email@example.com to learn how we can help you take your career where you want it to go. At Marks Paneth, It all adds up.®
Connect with Us: