Work at Lurie Besikof Lapidus & Company LLP? Submit a Review

leadership

none

Mid-level in Tax

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I love the variety of work, and the client base that I work with on a regular basis.

I dislike the constant pressure of tax deadlines, but again, just the nature of the business.

Mid-level

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People, Firm culture, and varied work.

Annual required working hours are 2280, I would naturally work this much per year, but it's an odd requirement.

Experienced in Tax

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I feel valued at this firm. The firms visions and goals align with my personal values of giving back to the community, valuing each other and our clients and being the best that we can be. I come to work happy and go home happy each day.

The only issue I have is my commute. I drive 37 mils each way to work and if there are problems on the freeway system (weather, accidents) it can be a long drive. The firm does allow me to start my day early and leave early so that on normal traffic days, I miss most of the congestion.

Advice to Candidates

I am near the end of my career and have worked at the big 4 firms, larger regional firms and private firms. LBLCO has to be the best firm at which I have been employed. They value their employees and show it with their actions. They actively give back to their community and not only allow employees but encourage them to become involved with charities in the community. The firm is committed to teaching and training the associates to help them grow and advance in their careers.

Experienced in Controller

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

My supervisor. Events including annual firm meeting, annual parade & meal, annual golf outing & dinner, qtly firm lunches, training and firm participation in charitable causes.

Because the building is full of accountants, some people are shy and quiet especially if you normally don't work with them.

Experienced in Tax

The People

The Hours

Advice to Candidates

We are unlike any other firm. We allow you to be who you are. We do not force you to fit into a mold like other firms might. We encourage creativity and allow you to flex those muscles.

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Environment and culture, compensation and benefits, amount and types of training.

Limited client size and structure because the firm isn't a large, national, known name.

Advice to Candidates

The firm is very competitive in all aspects of the industry: compensation and workload in particular. However, the firm excels in terms of the culture and atmosphere laid out for all employees, and has a positive business outlook for growth in the future.

Entry-level in Tax

Co-workers

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

LBL really takes good care of its employees

The politics and some of the behavior that is allowed by partners and some staff, but I'm sure this happens at every firm.

Advice to Candidates

One of the things that intrigued me about Lurie was their advancement in technology. They always have the best and newest gadgets and make it really easy to work outside of the office, whether at home or at a client. There are many little things that go on that really make you feel like you are more than just a person in a cube getting chargeable work done. Jean days on Fridays, United Way week, the annual golf outing, the endless dinners brought in during the deadlines, donuts on Saturdays. / I believe that the firm fairly compensates based on ability and what you bring to the firm. You don't always have to be a rainmaker and networker to be well respected in the firm. The size of our firm allows for an incredible variety of clients that always keeps things interesting. Yet it's small enough to where to you can really get to know everyone if you want to.

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The collaborative and welcoming culture of the people.

Nothing noted at this point.