Overall Interview Rating

Work at KPMG LLP? Submit a Review

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | Philadelphia, PA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

I am very invovled with our recruiting process and I think it is very competitive between the big 4 firms. I think as professionals involved in the process i take pride in bringing in strong recruits. I look for someone who is well-rounded. Someone who demonstrates qualities of leadership, problem solving, teamwork and multi-tasking. I don't necessarily look for the smartest person in the room, I look for those who I feel most comfortable facing clients. Those who can initiate and carry conversation and present the firm in a positive light.

Please discuss a time where you faced competing deadlines from different parties, how did you handle this? Please discuss a time where you worked in a group settting and there were conflicts in the group, how did you handle this?

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | Melville, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Behavioral Questions: Tell me about a time you faced a challenge and how you overcame such a challenge

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | Albany, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

I have been actively involved in the recruitement process. I can say that making contact with KPMG's hiring process is very accessible. From what I have seen, KPMG activitly recruits in person on college campuses, student trade-group functions, through LinkedIn, through employee referral programs, and even through its diversity initiatives. Personal contact goes a long way at KPMG, so make the most of the people you meet, either in person (such as career fairs and information sessions) or online, through LinkedIn. Ask questions and be engaging. While KPMG values intelligence and CPA credentials, they also value personable people who can create a strong rapport with clients.

Entry-level in External Audit | Portland, OR | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Interview process: Thorough but fun.

Ideal Candidate: Smart, professional, motivated, persistent, ethical, fun, leader

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Thorugh proceess. We need smart, hard working and mentally tough people who can push themselves towards excellence.

How you would a difficult scenario

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | Roseland, NJ | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Interview process was smooth and easy. They kept me informed throughout the entire process.

I wasn't really asked any questions per se...It was more of a back and forth chat...I liked that...

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance | San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Our recruiting and interview process starts very early in the college career of a student and consists of Discovery Programs, internships, and other events before full-time hiring is completed. Ideal candidate is motivated, well-rounded, technically strong, yet thrives in a team environment.

Please identify the leadership roles you have held and which role you were most proud of in terms of your accomplishments? What challenges have you encountered in team settings and how did you address the challenges in order to succeed?

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance | New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

There were no typical interview/case questions used by KPMG. I was recently hired by KPMG in the past year and I have since done many experienced hire interviews for others wishing to joing KPMG and its not a canned approach. Each candidate is evaluated based on their own skill set and the questions are about the person and about KPMG so that both parties can determine if it is a mutually good fit.

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance | Pittsburgh, PA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Interview Review

Grit - ability to work as part of a team and work through challenging issues with a positive attitude

working in a team managing time overcoming challenges

Interview Review

KPMG has great recruiting processes compared to Deloitte (where I worked for almost 17 years before joining KPMG).