3.9 of 5 stars (1,827 Ratings)

Work at KPMG LLP? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 1,827 Employee Reviews

Federal Audit

September 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Largest Audit Market Share of the Executive Federal Agencies in the Washington, DC area. Opportunity to work on top-secret clients and audits, including but not limited to the CIA, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice, and The Federal Reserve.

Gets a lot of hate for being the smallest of the big 4, but it is still a big for and has about 5 times the revenue of the next largest firm.

Comments

If you are interested in government audit and keeping the federal government honest and corruption free, this firm is by far the best to do this at.

Great Pay, Nothing to live for

April 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

I have to say, KPMG throws an unbelievable amount of money attheir employees.

You do not get to spend any time with the ones you love. Family life is non existent and will cause strain in any marriage and or relationship with children.

Comments

Perfect for college graduates that have no ties to people or family. Travel is 100%.

Management Consulting Employee Review

April 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Smart, hard working employees. You are given the freedom to set your own schedules as long as you deliver. You have mentorship when you need it but you are not inundated with unsolicited management. KPMG treats you like a professional and expects you to act as one.

In relation to experienced hire professionals - Compensation is not bad by any means, but in comparison to the other Big 4, at almost every level it falls short.

Comments

If you work at any Big-4, it can be a lot to take on if you do not learn how to manage time and to say "no" when you are ultimately asked to take too much on. Overall, KPMG is a fantastic firm. I've worked with PwC and EY in the past and I can say conclusively that KPMG is a far better environment to work for as an employee.

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

Ft. Worth, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the people

busy season

Exceeded all expectations. I fully expected to stay 2 years, but the challenge, rewards, respect, knowledge, insights, ect all kept me here.

Partner/Principal in External Audit | McLean, VA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture. The culture is collaborative not competitive, helpful not hurtful, and very flexible.

The business the firm is in (client service) is the worst part.

Comments

There are a few messages to consider. We are a high-quality firm and in the business of serving clients.

1. It is a marathon not a sprint (many hard charging professionals burn out by taking on too much too quickly. The firm paces experience and oppoutunity, do not feel the need to do everything all at once. )
2. Flexibility is our greatest benefit. Although the hours can be long at times and client demands high at times, take advantave of the down time, anticipate the peaks, and be flexible.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

People

People leave

Comments

Tremendous growth, awesome people, challenging work

The Culture at KPMG is Unparalled by any other employer

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | Roseland, NJ | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture. It is unmatched by any employer I've worked for.

The size. It's an international firm and I'm accustomed to working for smaller sized firms.

Comments

The leadership is really great and they are great mentors

If you have a dream you can accomplish it at KPMG! Great culture, great people, fair and ethical.

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance | Norfolk, VA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the culture, the people,out clients, the opportunity to develop your skills. If you have a dream, you can achieve it working at KPMG!

the regulatory aspects of the public accounting profession.

Comments

Culture matters. Find a firm that has the right culture, does things the right way, and cares about its people. If you have a great culture and outstnding people, you can accomplish anything. KPMG offers that culture and that opportunity!

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

Washington, DC | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture

The busy season

Great opportunities for advancement.

Partner/Principal in External Audit | Milwaukee, WI | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The opportunities the firm has afforded me. I have worked on rotations in Australia and Thailand, transferred to Advisory practices and back to Audit.