3.9 of 5 stars (2,322 Ratings)

Work at KPMG LLP? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 2,322 Employee Reviews

Families are priority for senior management

April 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Working with highly intelligent and motivated people. You really are working with the best of the best.

Career driven women are not treated with the same respect as women with families. Your personal time is not perceived by management as being valuable if you don't have children to go home to, so as a result, you are constantly required to pick up the slack, work weekends when mothers are not, and are always the first to be sent on an out of town engagement.

Comments

It is a great environment to challenge yourself, to work hard and to learn at an exponential rate. Don't accept your personal time being undervalued because you don't currently have a family.

KPMG UK

March 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Great professionals to work with, interesting variety of clients, career progression

Hours might be very long, jobs become repetitive at some point

Comments

Think strategically about the group and industry you are joining as you have to bear in mind your exit options. Corp Fin, Valuation are surely better in this respect

Partner/Principal in External Audit

Milwaukee, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

opportunities to grow career, level of talent working with and learning from

difficult clients

Best Job in my Lifetime!

Other in Administrative Services | Greensboro, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

I would say the trustworthiness of the firm in general followed by the people I work with and then the salary, benefits and perks.

Long hours sometimes, but honestly that's all of the "worst" I can think of. I'm blessed to be so fortunate to work for KPMG.

Comments

I do the Orientation sessions for Newcomers and always tell them how fortunate they are to work for this awesome company. But also, during the Recruiting Process, I make sure to connect with Prospects and tell them how fantastic of a company KPMG is and "I'm not just saying that." I've worked here for 7 years and hope to not go anywhere else! I give them my contact information and tell them to call/email me if they need any help at all, even if they feel silly asking something.
I tell Prospects about the culture and story of KPMG and how we all work together, there is always someone to ask for help. We want to succeed, so please ask questions so we all succeed!

Entry-level in External Audit

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great culture and people; welcoming enviornment; great experience gained; accomadating enviornment for individuals with disabilities

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people I work with everyday.

These are hard jobs. They take lots of hours and are very demanding, technically, professionally and client related.

Opportunities to be challenged and to learn from matched with a culture that cannot be beat.

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance | Albany, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Culture - the fact that associates can converse with partners directly as a result of our general open door policy is tremendous.

Demands - Not specific to KPMG but related to public accounting as a whole - the demands of this profession, particularly the increased PCAOB scrutiny, do not help in the retainage of highly talented people. The cost of the regulator oversight does not meet the benefits.

Comments

Business outlook is tremendous - better than the other large firms based on recent growth.

Our culture is different - we treat our people and our clients similar to how smaller firms do but we have the opportunities of the largest of firms - this is noticed by our clients and is extremely important.

Opportunity overdose

Partner/Principal in External Audit | Pittsburgh, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

personal growth in a financially rewording and flexible environment

expaning level of government oversite

Comments

if you strive to be challenged and grow personally and professionally beyond imagination; if you like working collaboratively to solve problems; if you are a believer in life long learning, this is the place to be!

overall best accounting firm in the world

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance | Greensboro, NC | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

KPMG LLP has the best culture by far, in comparison with other large firms. The compensation is very good. The people are highly motivated and intelligent. The training is best in class and the opportunities are endless.

There are no downsides to working for KPMG LLP.

Comments

Overview of KPMG:
-Countless opportunities to grow
-Highly supportive and inclusive office culture
-Highly competent and hard working employees
-Great compensation and benefits
-Public Accounting busy season hours
-Very flexible hours and good work/life balance outside of busy season
-Advice to candidates would be to select the firm where you would feel most comfortable working with individuals at the firm