Work at Friedman LLP? Submit a Review

Extremely impressed - SJ Audit Associate

December 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Kind people, relaxed and respectful environment, quality of life in and out of work, elite compensation & multitude of opportunities for professional growth.

None that I noticed so far. Only a month in to my role though.

Comments

I slightly doubted the selling points that were given to me when I interviewed. I believed they were a bit too good to be true. All of them were true. I received many offers from PA firms after graduating, Friedman was the smallest firm in terms of Vault's "Prestige" ranking. But I made the decision with my gut and not my brain and after working here, I know I'll never trust my brain over my gut again. Friedman LLP is arguably the best Public Accounting firm to work for in the US if you don't want to work in public for 2 years and jump ship to industry. Here you're afforded the diversity of work that you need to stimulate yourself intellectually, and the reasonableness and flexibility that comes along with the cushiest industry job. Plus the people are pretty cool too.

Good public accounting firm

October 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Nice bunch of smart people, good workplace culture and quality of life is above par for public accounting firms. Flexible work hours and dress for your day. Open door policy with managers and HR.

Busy season hours which is normal for public accounting. To some degree there is favoritism and there are workplace cliques.

Comments

The company appreciates self-starters, confident and motivated people with positive attitudes.

tremendous opportunity with industry leading clients

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the people

the hours required by the industry

Personal and Professional Quality of Life that keeps getting better

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The firm truly values and respects it employees and is in constant motion to facilitate success for both the firm and its employees. Great personal/work life balance, solid fringe benefits program and competitive salaries and career development.

While nothing is perfect, I do not have anything negative to add. Management is very aware of weaknesses because of its open communication policy and any current weaknesses are currently being addressed.

Comments

Partners, managers and employees at all levels are very approachable here at Friedman. It truly is a great environment and a nice and very smart group of people to work with. There is no question that there is great potential for personal and professional growth at Friedman. You have the opportunity to be "more visible" and shine at a mid-size firm as compared to the Big-4. While Friedman is not considered part of the traditional Big-4, if you can allow yourself to look beyond that, you will find that prestige can be found within the types of relationships a firm has with its employees, clients and community. This is an excellent firm to start your career in or transition to mid-career. The firm has a very high retention rate and with its competitive packages, it's in an elite league that I do not feel the larger firms can compete against.

Teamwork, Work-Life Balance, Summer Fridays

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance | Marlton, NJ | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the people, the flexible hours, summer Fridays, amount of vacation days, pay for CPA review course

N/A

Comments

They have an amazing work-life balance, they really do care about your happiness in the workplace and understand that you are dedicated during busy season and they make sure to reward your hardwork

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people

None

Experienced in Audit & Assurance

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The firm culture promotes an environment of respect and cooperation among employees and clients. Leadership has a great vision for the future and believe in the employees.

None noted.

Comments

You will not find another firm that values their employees higher and provides more flexibility in work hours/arrangements.

Partner/Principal in Forensic Accounting

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people and great culture

the commute to the office in the city

Friedman, the CPA firm that cares!

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | Uniondale, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Friendly environment. Great work-life balance. Challenging clients. Great opportunities for growth.

The concentraction of working mainly on real estate clients.

Entry-level in Tax

East Hanover, NJ | 2017 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Workplace/life balnce, great clients, great boss, fair compensation.

Comments

Great place to grow your career as well as maintain a balance with your life overall.