Work at Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C.? Submit a Review

if you do your job, keep learning and develop others you will have a wonderful career.

Partner/Principal in Small Business Services | Buffalo, NY | 2019 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the people.

sometimes the clients

Advice to Candidates

look at our online presence. look at what our people have to say about us., we are a team and trust earned is for our clients but also our co-workers.

True work/life balance and a career where the sky is the limit.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | Buffalo, NY | 2019 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The flexibility in my schedule and the people I get to work with are the best aspects of working at my Firm.

My schedule is constant with very little down time or time in between engagements which can be very stressful.

Partner/Principal in Tax

Rochester, NY | 2019 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Professional challenges, great people and opportunities to learn

Too many internal meetings

Advice to Candidates

Freed Maxick is a great place to work. The people are bright and very friendly. The professional opportunities are ample and great. It also provides a great atmosphere for learning. The environment for success is definitely present at Freed Maxick.

A firm full of great people who keep their word

Mid-level in Risk Management | Detroit, MI | 2019 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great people, fantastic culture, and they truly invest in their staff. My previous employer SAID that they did all of these things, but they never walked the walk. Freed follows through with their promises.

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Candidates

Just like any public accounting firm, you're going to work hard and it will be challenging. If you don't want a challenging career where you have to put in your complete effort every day, then this probably isn't the place for you.

Great Career Opportunties

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | Rochester, NY | 2019 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The compensation I earn.

The amount of hours required to work during busy season.

Advice to Candidates

Freed is a great firm to work for. They push for you to develop professionally and offer ways to do so. They participate in their community. Everyone I work with has a great attitude. Lastly, the firm compensates well.

The Best of Both Worlds - High Quality Services of a Large Firm, High Quality Client Relationships of a Small Firm

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance | Buffalo, NY | 2019 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture, people, benefits, work/life balance, flex time, events, client opportunities

have to pay for parking downtown, soon will have hoteling instead of individual cubicles to work in

Advice to Candidates

all info expressed above.

Great firm that gives you unlimited potential to learn, grow, and be a leader.

Entry-level in Risk Management | Rochester, NY | 2019 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Treated like a professional and able to telecommute or flex time. Great mentoring from senior leadership.

smaller office

Advice to Candidates

Searching other public accounting job opportunities I was worried about work life balance since I have a family. This firm allows you to telecommute, flex time, and has a great culture. Compensation is very competitive and there is a lot of opportunity to learn and grow.

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

Buffalo, NY | 2019 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

work/life flexibility

None

Come to Freed to find what you love to do...and great people to do it with!

Experienced in Small Business Services | Rochester, NY | 2019 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people I work with and the types of clients I work on.

Busy season and frequent turnover/retraining.

Advice to Candidates

The people I work with and the type of work I work on make it all worthwhile. Find something you love to do and other people who love to do it and you'll have a very successful career. It's important to find people that will support your growth and give you opportunities. That's exactly what Freed Maxick does.

Entry-level in Tax