Work at Ernst & Young LLP (EY)? Submit a Review

EY Tax, Central US

November 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Good people to work with. Interesting work and great training.

Working all the time. Top heavy organization. Measured on metrics outside of your control

Comments

It is a great place to start a career and get experience, but don't try to make partner. They are the unhappiest group of rich people I've ever seen.

High-level work

November 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Team oriented and welcoming environment to learn. Firm invests in its employees.

Morale taken a hit with austerity measures. Big firm lack of transparency regarding pay and bonuses.

Comments

Understand how you fit into the system and love the team environment. Learn how to excel through hard-work and being technically saavy but be humble. Ask for feedback and seek out the areas you want to develop. EY can be a gem if you make the most of it.

good company to start career

August 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

amazing learning opportunities, interactions with many companies, lot of responsibility early in career

ridiculously hard work, poor pay on a per hour basis, treat employees like dirt

Comments

go and work here for the first 3 years of your working life

Challenging Work

August 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Constant opportunities to grow and learn
Mobility (easy to change locations, departments, access to a variety of rotations)
Your colleges - Young and smart people

Long hours
Demanding environment
High pressure form the management and clients

Comments

It's a great place to start your career. But be prepared for long hours and train your resilience to stress, otherwise it might negatively affect your mental and physical health.

Professional Accounting firm with great brand recognition

January 2017 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

People,culture, brand recognition in the market, variety of work and type of projects

Same low compensation as at other Big4 companies, very segmented and predetermined business lines, almost no chance to change your business line at Senior Consultant / Manager level

Comments

Should be seen as a good plattform to start your career. If you are willing to concentrate on a particular competence (like business modelling) you can also persuit a long-term career at this firm

Overall good experiences

January 2017 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

People are nice and recognizing your contributions and values. Better culture compared to other firms.

Benefits were cut back recently, work standards can be higher.

Comments

Good culture compared to peers.Better work life balance and caring management teams.

Women should avoid this place

August 2016 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

None - I left this organization two weeks after they purchased my company so not sure if there are any pros to working here.

Six months into my pregnancy (with my first child) my company was acquired by EY. Initially I was super excited... however quickly became very saddened by the way the company treats new moms. When my offer letter was presented to me I was told that I would not be eligible for EYs maternity leave due to the fact although they had acquired a company that I had been employed at for five years, I hadn't been an EY employee yet for 12 months. Disapponiting but I could live with it. Over the next month I repeatedly asked HR about the FMLA qualification which is also based on 12 months of employment, Short Term disability eligibility or loss of, lost PTO etc. I basically wanted to know if I was getting 6 weeks unpaid or 3 months unpaid. I was told each time that I could not engage with EYs maternity team until the deal closed. Time was ticking on and the stress of not knowing during my pregnancy was just so saddening - I knew I had to leave the company for my own health let alone my baby's health. I quickly found a new job at a company that went out of their way to treat me like one of their own and while I disqualified from both FMLA and short term disability I knew I could never trust neither Society not EY. When I gave my two weeks notice I was told that I could buy vacation days. I worked on a team with 23 men and three women including myself... Not surprising that this was their response.

Fast forward three weeks after leaving the company, a dozen emails later and I am sitting pregnant and without health insurance. Neither company will give me access to Cobra that I've repeatedly asked for. Cobra told me I'm not in their system. I'm paying out of pocket for my ultrasounds and praying that nothing happens to me. Only one week to go until my new coverage kicks in. Unfortunately health insurance companies won't provide short term coverage to pregnant women. Every day I wake up thankful that I didn't end up in the ER the day before.

Shame on them. My client found out what happened a

Comments

If you are pregnant or expecting to have a baby, join with caution!

internship experience

August 2016 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

colleagues are generally friendly and willing to give you help.

people seems to like form a small group, with same background and same interests, not open minded enough. working hours are quite long, but the job is quite tedious. every body is complaining about the company but no one did any action.

Comments

be able to work for long hours. it's better for you to come from a related background, e.g. financial engineering program.

Executive in Sales

April 2016 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Caliber of colleagues
Challenging and complex experences and exceptional opportunity
Dominance in strategic growth markets
Culture that consistently and pervasively lives the tenents their competitors only give lip service to in marekting messages
Integrity, honesty, and unmatched professionalism and commitment to client service
Experinces gaind are unmatchd in the market along with the value of the brand and network
Exposure to the richest of busienss opportunites and experiences; the "front line" of global leadership in all industries
Compassionate and people focused, kind culture where the others have notable weaknesses; EY truly is a people focused culture--open, collaboratove, promote balance, acceptance of differences, not cliquey and layered with back biting and fierce politics
They do the right thing
Loved my job and EY. Outstanding organization by all measures

Onky one: at times they are too humble! More measured and collaborative in their go to market approaches-not as aggressive as they could be and the market would welcome.

Comments

I feel very confident saying that, no matter the service line or role, or a persons background, you simply cannot go wrong with a decison to join EY. The experiences gained and relationships built, the network developed, the power of the firm globally across sectors driving growth and opportunity are invaluable. I have worked with three of what was the once Big5, and EY was far and away the most people-functional firm and, while service lines offered are nearly identical, as well as client bases and size, and what how the marekting "collateral" is presented, EY walks their talk.

Great Brand

Mid-level in Tax | Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Learning opportunities. Client-facing experiences. Collaborative colleagues.

None.