Work at Ernst & Young LLP (EY)? Submit a Review

Great opportunity

May 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

hah ahahaah ahhababs bhahdabs habdjsbdjsb ah udh dadjijds dshidhsudhoshuidh idshdi adh isdhis dib cdh idchc cjuewh ejcinc jbcklahb/hdsvkojadc dscjfichc chijdc cidcdijcd cidkcdicslchdzxcjijod cjodidjdcijc cd

very long and demanding hours. Can lose a sense of a work life balance.

Comments

Work hard and stay attentive and you will do fine.

Ideal Place to Build One's Career

Entry-level in Tax | Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Compensation, culture, work/life balance, and opportunities within the firm.

Having too many opportunities within the firm.

Comments

If you are looking for an ideal place to build your career, go here. If you are looking for something akin to prestige, exclusivity, or entitlement, you may be looking at the wrong firm and the wrong industry.

Challenging, rewarding accounting work with great support and fair compensation

Mid-level in Advisory Services | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Doing work I really enjoy, interacting with people at high levels, being challenged but also supported

It's a job; seeing leaders try to blame things on others; "boy's club" environment

Comments

It totally depends on the type of work you do; I can highly recommend my specific group and the specific people I work with, but I have no idea what most of the people in my firm do; if you are passionate about accounting and want to be challenged and supported, I think my specific group is great, but there are so many different factors that could affect whether a job makes sense or not

Lots of opportunity for growth and learning!

Other in Audit & Assurance | Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the opportunities to learn and grow

old stagnant thinking.

You cannot match the experience gained from working with a variety of client in assurance at EY - the experience is a knowledge accelerator!

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance | Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Opportunities to grow and learn daily - always increasing the value of my experiences/resume

Demanding assurance environment (but cannot change the nature of the capital markets)

Comments

Outstanding culture - people are our biggest asset

Intense work, great opportunities.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | Salt Lake City, UT | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Incredible exposure to well known clients and high performing executives. On the job training is excellent, dealing with complex accounting.

Prone to long hours. Having to figure out how to staff multiple jobs with limited resources.

Comments

The compensation may be low at first, but the growth can be significant. You are expected to lead and supervise relatively quickly. You get to interact with many levels of management.

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance

McLean, VA | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The hours. And not just the hours, but the unpredictability of those hours and client commitments.

Good company. Good culture.

March 2015 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Good, smart people. Big clients. Interesting and challenging work. Good vacation.

Low pay for the amount of hours and complexity of work compared to other consulting companies performing the same services.

Comments

Work here to get good management experience and build upon your communication skills. Will take a while to get specific expertise and make it to partner, though you can make a lot of money as a partner, but you will have to work hard for it and make a number of personal sacrifices.

Good employer, but could do a bit more.

December 2014 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Friendly and smart people/teams, work/life flexibility is great, additional time off (i.e. EY firm holidays) for Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day and Thanksgiving

Cost of benefits too high, old technology, salary not competitive with market, no bonuses for core business service groups (i.e. non client facing roles) and limited mobility options.

Comments

There are many facets to this company that are positive, but make sure that you want to work in an accounting firm/industry, as it could limit potential opportunities down the line.

Auditing at EY

December 2014 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

The people here can be amazing. Though it 100% depends on the team that you are assigned. I am currently in the search to find another job in a different industry, so I can't say that the brand name of having a Big 4 auditing firm on my resume is truly all that it is hyped up to be.

There are many.
- Be prepared to work in Excel and only Excel. You won't be doing any intense calculations or analyses though, typically just filling out checklists.
- I have never heard of a company that is so understaffed. I can understand wanting to take on more clients and more work, as that directly leads to the revenue, however, I would expect that management would have a plan in place to expand the workforce enough to take on the new work.
- The hours suck. I think everyone knows this prior to going into it, but it becomes exponentially worse when you already don't have enough personnel.
- The pay. The recruiters hype up the pay that you are getting. It will be competitive from the start, but you will soon begin to realize that everyone outside of the company will be getting bonuses and raises that are far greater than what you are/will ever be making here. It was also a nice surprise to find out that you aren't considered for a bonus until 3+ years down the line.
- Don't trust the recruiters. This is what irritates me the most. Though I was promised all of these fantastic things during the recruiting process, I didn't realize that all of it was a facade and would only materialize for a very small percentage of the employees. Don't trust them when they say that people get to work abroad. You first need to fight through 6 years of agonizing work to even be considered, then you will be expected to register for the program. If your main client doesn't have an international business, don't even bother registering because you have no shot at getting it.
- I could go on and on, but unfortunately there is too much work to do here.

Comments

Be careful. I understand that it may look good on your resume, but be cautious of the things that recruiters will do to try to influence you.