Work at Brown Smith Wallace, LLC? Submit a Review

Partner/Principal in Tax

Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

working with great people, lots of opportunities for advancement, integriy and ethichs of the organization and its leaders

none

Local Feeling, Global Capabilities

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The firms culture and continuous growth. The firm is continuously growing and expanding outside of the St. Louis area. Management is very involved in the development of their employees. Management frequently give advice on how to improve one's career.

401(k) matching.

Comments

The firm is growing every year. The work load is very appealing compared to big 4 or larger firms in which even during busy season, we are no where near 60 to 70 hrs of work each week. The firm covers all expenses relating to obtaining your CPA licenses and also other certifications as well. There are opportunities for travel if you are interested and also opportunity to stay within the St. Louis region if that is what you would choose.

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance

Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Work life balance and working in an encouraging environment where everyone wants to help eachother succeed. I love that questions are encouraged.

doing the right things with the right people for our clients.

Partner/Principal | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the people and culture

Comments

our firm provides excellent opportunities with the same technology offered by larger firms, similar compensation but much better work-life balance and focus on employees

It's my job, not my life.

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Work-life balance.

Management does not get rid of "bad apples."

Experienced in Tax

Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture, work-life balance and willingness to work towards that.

busy season.

Entry-level in Tax

The work/life balance

Long hours during tax season

The best of both worlds

Mid-level in Advisory Services | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

culture

Comments

If you want to build a career in the accounting / audit / advisory field, but do not fit the "big 4" mold - BSW can offer big 4 pay & perks & clients without the big 4 limitations.

Brown Smith Wallace Family - Our tagline says it all.

Experienced in Employee Benefits | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

They care about me (both professionally and personally).

We're growing so fast that inevitability some of that "family" culture will be diluted over time.

Comments

When researching firms... look beyond the "paycheck"... ask yourself are these the individuals you want to spend the majority of your day with. Will the organization invest in you and grow or change as the circumstances in your life change (single, versus married, children, helping aging parents, etc.).

Remember flexibility is a two way street. As the organization is accommodating to your needs, remember that the relationship needs to be reciprocal (working hard when you need to). Join a firm that you enjoy the people you will be working with as much as you enjoy the work you will be doing.

I did it!! I have found my place!

Partner/Principal in Small Business Services | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Every aspect of my job is amazing!

None

Comments

BSW is a great place to work. The firm is committed to their employees and treat them as their number on asset. The growth opportunities are immense. Work/life balance is an important aspect to our culture.