Work at Brown Smith Wallace, LLC? Submit a Review

doing the right things with the right people for our clients.

Partner/Principal | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the people and culture

Comments

our firm provides excellent opportunities with the same technology offered by larger firms, similar compensation but much better work-life balance and focus on employees

Brown Smith Wallace Family - Our tagline says it all.

Experienced in Employee Benefits | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

They care about me (both professionally and personally).

We're growing so fast that inevitability some of that "family" culture will be diluted over time.

Comments

When researching firms... look beyond the "paycheck"... ask yourself are these the individuals you want to spend the majority of your day with. Will the organization invest in you and grow or change as the circumstances in your life change (single, versus married, children, helping aging parents, etc.).

Remember flexibility is a two way street. As the organization is accommodating to your needs, remember that the relationship needs to be reciprocal (working hard when you need to). Join a firm that you enjoy the people you will be working with as much as you enjoy the work you will be doing.

Amazing People, Excellent Employer, A Totally Different Accounting Firm.

Entry-level in Small Business Services | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The best aspect of working at Brown Smith Wallace is how great the people that I get to work with are. The firm is full of experts on various accounting topics and there is not a single person who wouldn't be glad to share their knowledge with anyone who asks.

There is nothing that I can think of that I dislike about working at Brown Smith Wallace.

Comments

Brown Smith Wallace is honestly unlike any accounting firm that I've ever worked for. For that matter it's different than any company I've ever worked for. The management at Brown Smith Wallace actually genuinely care about the people that work for them. I had worked at a prior job for 5 years and had never once even been introduced to the owner. At Brown Smith Wallace I hadn't even been working there for a month when Harvey Wallace came up to me and had a one on one conversation at one of the many socializing events.

Entry-level in Tax

Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The work/life balance

Long hours during tax season

I did it!! I have found my place!

Partner/Principal in Small Business Services | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Every aspect of my job is amazing!

None

Comments

BSW is a great place to work. The firm is committed to their employees and treat them as their number on asset. The growth opportunities are immense. Work/life balance is an important aspect to our culture.

Great Place to Work

Other | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Great leadership and direct boss.

none

Comments

This firm is great in understanding you have a life outside of the office and will work with you to the best possible. When the firm says we are "like family" it is not just words, they mean it.

I have worked as a principal for another firm and owned my own firm. Brown Smith Wallace, LLC has been a refreshing and welcomed change.

Experienced in Small Business Services | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Brown Smith Wallace, LLC cares about their clients and their employees and makes a strong committment to building happy relationships.

None

Comments

Quality of Life, Compensation and Business Outlook are some of the best qualities at Brown Smith Wallace, LLC

Making a difference

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

flexible

consistent measures

Moving from a Fortune 500 business to a private firm, in BSW, I have been incredibly lucky to join the family and I love going to work.

Entry-level in Advisory Services | Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Firm culture and commitment to clients

Health insurance is only at par levels for the industry

Comments

In choosing an employer such as BSW, get to know the management and experienced team members in the firm during the interview process. With a family culture, the fit of an employee with the team is as important as the skill set that we bring to the table. In working as a collaborative network of professionals, BSW focuses on bringing value to clients and exceeding their expectations to deliver results. They are proud to develop and recognize their employees and I couldn't have asked for more.

Entry-level in Advisory Services

2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The best aspect of working at Brown Smith Wallace is the firm culture and the opportunities available to cultivate your career and grow to your true potential.

There is nothing I dislike about working at Brown Smith Wallace.