Work at BDO USA LLP? Submit a Review

BDO-USA, LLP is a great company to work for

January 2016 | CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Very satisfied and more than happy to work for BDO-USA, LLP flex hours, plenty of PTO time, easy and friendly working environment. Actually enjoying working for BDO-USA, LLP.

none were noted. enjoying working for BDO-USA, LLP. Very happy working for BDO-USA, LLP.

Comments

Flex hours, plenty of PTO time, easy and friendly working environment. Actually enjoying working for BDO-USA, LLP.

Too Eager

November 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

CEO seems to be very down to Earth and approachable; seemingly transparent on company goals; growing quickly (though lots through acquisition); Tries to stay ahead on trends; Has a de-stress zone where employees can let off a little steam playing games (ex. nerf basketball)

Training for some highly specialized areas leave a bit to be desired; My former firm was acquired by BDO and one of the things I was looking forward to was better training, but as it turns out, their very specialized training was lacking...

Comments

The company seemed to embrace flexibility and alternative work arrangements. There are some wonderful benefits such as tuition reimbursement and maternity leave is great. It appears the path to partner is pretty tough though as the company is acquiring firms and bringing along new partners through the process.

Only focus is on bottom line

April 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Trying to change culture
Growing by acquisitions
Talent in national office

Understaffed
Up or out culture
Not ready to compete with the big boys

Comments

The new CEO is focused on changing the firm's culture to more of a people friendly culture, but the firm's actions tell a different story. The only thing that matters is the bottom line. The talk of core values is just noise. Manage a healthy book of business and you can treat people any way you wish.

Entry-level in Tax

Grand Rapids, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people I work with. The empowerment of employees to manage themselves.

The hours can be long at times.

Best Place I Have Ever Worked

Entry-level in External Audit | Dallas, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Work/life balance, compensation and benefits, the people I work with.

Comments

The workload is high, but honestly, that's a good thing as it makes the days fly by, especially during busy season. I believe the quality of life is better or comparable to any large accounting firm that you'll find. I believe that we're compensated fairly and the benefits are excellent. We have had several business outlook gatherings since the start of my time here and things are definitely looking up. Everyone I have met and worked with has been incredibly friendly and willing to take the time to help me when I have asked.

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance

Bethesda, MD | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The clients I work with and level of responsibilty.

Partner/Principal in Finance

Bethesda, MD | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

the people

hours

Executive

Minneapolis, MN | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Good People

At BDO, I love what I do and enjoy who I work with, my clients, and my team across the country as we provide excellent service every day.

Experienced in Tax | Minneapolis, MN | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Literally, the people I work with, my mentor, my exposure to clients as their primary contact, the ability to be entrepreneurial, the opportunity to develop a specialized area of service, and the fact that I learn each & every day!

Well, that is self-imposed. I easily get addicted to public accounting, so I can easily submerge myself in the work because I enjoy it so much.

Experienced in Audit & Assurance

Dallas, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Working hours is more manageable