Work at BDO USA LLP? Submit a Review

Only focus is on bottom line

April 2015 | FORMER EMPLOYEE

Trying to change culture
Growing by acquisitions
Talent in national office

Understaffed
Up or out culture
Not ready to compete with the big boys

Comments

The new CEO is focused on changing the firm's culture to more of a people friendly culture, but the firm's actions tell a different story. The only thing that matters is the bottom line. The talk of core values is just noise. Manage a healthy book of business and you can treat people any way you wish.

BDO Knows how to provide Value Added Client Service and Reward our professionals

Partner/Principal in Transaction Services | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Focused on excellent client service and a cooperative team culture driven to win

The occasional demanding client that does not act with fairness

Comments

When you look at our business outlook and growth potential, the opportunities for any candidate are endless for hard working, motivated candidates that want to contribute and make a difference.

BDO loves me and I love BDO!

Experienced in Audit & Assurance | Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

BDO is currently doing everything right - culture, growth, opportunities, training, leadership, and more. Its hard to pick one that is more important that the others, but ultimately, the fact that I feel that I am a valued and important member of the BDO team is very meaningful to me.

Sometimes our success results in too many opportunities ("drinking from a fire hose"), but this ebbs and flows as the resources are reallocated.

Comments

BDO provides all of the opportunities needed to develop myself (at my pace) for continued and future success.

Mid-level in Audit & Assurance

hours

Executive

Minneapolis, MN | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Good People

Helping people thrive every day

Executive in Tax | Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

Opportuniities to thrive

Administrative burdens

Comments

BDO gives you the opportuity to thrive

Success

Entry-level in Audit & Assurance | Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The opportunity for personal and professional growth, coupled with access to the industries I want to be exposed to.

As we grow, our compensation will need to increase as well to remain competitive. (Total compensation, not just monetary)

Entry-level in Tax

Grand Rapids, MI | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The people I work with. The empowerment of employees to manage themselves.

The hours can be long at times.

Thriving Everyday to meet our Common Goals

Partner/Principal in Audit & Assurance | New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED EMPLOYEE

The culture shift at BDO has been huge and significantly positive. Top management is focused on Firm growth and has had much success.

Compared to other accounting firms? None.

Comments

I believe the firm is moving on all the right cylinders. They are focused on growth, specialization by Industry, creating a flexible, engaging environment for its people. Our growth in the last 2 years is an indicator of where we are headed.