Although Wall Street punished Twitter earlier this week for its slow new-user growth—following Twitter’s first earnings release as a public company, its share price plummeted 18 percent—the social media site regained more than 8 percent of its market value in trading today. And so, it appears that TWTR has the following new user, among others, to thank for joining its growing (albeit not fast enough) network of micro bloggers: @SochiProblems. Incidentally, this satirical account, just two days after its creation, has 268K followers, about 100K more than @Sochi2014, the official Sochi Games Twitter account.
In any event, here are your chief executive officer tweets of the week:
1. Beni tips a ten-gallon to Willie for doing his part to help free Willie:
2. Meanwhile, AT&T does its part to combat discrimination at Sochi:
3. And the rich keep getting richer (and pounding their chests when they do):
4. No one was paid for this, but apparently someone cracked the code to da Vinci’s CV:
5. And, following that first email to his staff, Satya sends his first CEO tweet:
Follow me @VaultFinance.
Twitter Stock Down 18 Percent After Earnings Show Disappointing User Numbers (TechCrunch)
Why Microsoft Got It Right With New CEO Satya Nadella (Wired)
CEO Tweets of the Week: Branson, Gross, Musk, and Allen (Vault)