Indeed it is, as Bank of America just announced a nice little incentive for the brokers behind Merrill’s “crown jewel” to stay on with the combined company after the BofA takeover is complete.
It’s also a good day to be a makeup artist for a vice presidential nominee. (Bankers, you’re in the wrong business, check out this gal’s weekly take home.)
And, to take your mind off of the failing markets and difficult job market, check out this quiz below (in honor of the last of the major daily U.S. newspapers turning over their cards this week to reveal who they’re supporting come November 4th):
1.Who was the last Republican presidential candidate to be endorsed by The New York Times?
D. None of the above, the Times has never endorsed a Republican
2. How many results do you get when you google new york post endorses democrat for president?
3. Which of the following U.S. dailies endorsed Kerry (D) in ’04 and is now endorsing McCain (R)?
A. Chattanooga Free Press
B. Corpus Christi Caller-Times
C. The Tuscaloosa News
D. None of the above
4. Which of the following endorsed Bush (R) in ’04 and is now endorsing Obama (D)?
A. The Salt Lake Tribune
B. The Denver Post
C. New York Daily News
D. All of the above
5. Which of the following is NOT the name of a daily newspaper in the U.S.?
A. The Commercial Appeal (Tennessee)
B. Roswell Daily Record (New Mexico)
C. Asbury Park Press (New Jersey)
D. The Stranger (Washington)
(1) c, (2) b, (3) b, (4) d, (5) d—it’s a weekly