By Kristine Schoonmaker, MyConsultingLife.Com
Last week I talked about why I changed my tune on writing my own review. Whether you agree with that approach or not, here are 10 things you can easily do all year long to help support your case for a great rating.
1. Tell them where you want to go and enlist their help to get there.
2. Regularly share your progress, challenges and accomplishments.
3. Ask for feedback, accept and actually do something with it.
4. Be proactive—take ownership for scheduling feedback discussions if they don’t.
5. Pass along emails or voicemails with kudos from clients or co-workers.
6. Prepare an executive summary of your contributions each year.
7. Quantify the results achieved because of your work—in dollars and cents where you can.
8. Manage expectations exceptionally well.
9. Never let them be surprised.
10. Know what really makes a difference in your performance rating and provide supporting evidence.
Kristine Schoonmaker is The Career & Lifestyle Coach for Consultants and founder of MyConsultingLife.com. Her bi-weekly ezine Accelerate offers practical insider advice and quick tips from a former consulting exec to help YOU take greater control of your career and stay engaged in your personal life from the road. If you’re ready to have it all – an amazing career in consulting without giving up the lifestyle, relationships and experiences you want, get your FREE subscription now at www.myconsultinglife.com.